Banarasi Silk Sarees: The perfect blend of fine Indian silk & unique craftsmanship made for every occasion
Banarasi silk has its origins in Varanasi. Kashi is renowned all over the world for its hand-made silks and brocades. Banarasi silks and cottons are very popular and are must-haves in any wedding in India.
In essence, Banarasi sarees fall into 4 different categories such as Katan or pure silk, Kora or Organza with silk and zari work, Shattir and Georgette. In terms of design, Banarasi sarees are categorized into Tanchoi, Jangla, Cutwork, Butidaar and Tissue.
Banarasi Silk Sarees Have Never Failed to Impress. Here are a few amazing facts about them:
- They find a mention in both Mahabharata as well as the Buddhist texts.
- A typical Banarasi silk saree is made up of almost 5600 thread wires.
- Each of these thread wires in the Banarasi Silk saree are at least 45-inches wide.
- As many as 3 people work consistently to design a single piece Banarasi silk saree.
- It takes as many as 15 days to 6 months to finish a single piece of Banarasi silk saree.
Planning to shop for a banarasi saree online? Trisvaraa has the finest collection of Banarasi Silk sarees in store for you!